Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Missionary Training Center: Week 1


Konnichiwa!! :)

How's is every one doing?  I hope everyone is doing well there.

Everything is going good here. My roommate is interesting and he remembers alot of church scriptures.  He wants to triple major in Physics, Statistics, and Calculus. He studied japanese for three years in high school but only remembers parts of it.

I don't know if you heard about the huge earthquake in Sendai which is the biggest one to hit japan ever and moved the whole island like 8 feet from what I have heard. It wiped out almost all of Sendai but did not too much damage to Tokyo. What is the death tole there so far?

The first few days of getting used the schedule was hard but know I am used to. We had testimony meeting the second night we were here. The spirit was so strong there and it was the strongest I have ever felt it which I hope to feel more here. My ear was doing better the first few days but one night it was so bad I couldn't sleep, which was Saturday night.  I prayed to the Lord to help me over come the pain and it took a while for it to stop.  I finally got to sleep but woke up and my ear was plugged and I could not hear out of it. The doctors office is closed on Sundays so I had to wait until Monday. So on Monday I went to the doctors and my ear infection got worse so I have to take some pills now, hopefully they work.

Well my time is running out now so I hope to hear from you soon.

Elder McKinney

No comments:

Post a Comment