Friday, May 20, 2011

MTC - Final Week

Konnichiwa, :D
Things were busy here this last week at the MTC.  We had a lot of things to keep us busy and to distract us from getting too excited about going for JAPAN!! Ohh MOM I tried calling you this morning but you probably saw that it was a random number or something and didn't answer.  But I was trying to surprise you! Unfortunately we are only allowed one call though. We found out yesterday that our flight plan was going to be moved to TUESDAY the 24 of MAY because our Mission President couldn't make it to pick us up. It will still be the same times and everything as before, it's just moved to the next day which is kind of helpful because we've been stressed about getting everything packed and now we have one more day to do it.  It's only the Tokyo Mission that is staying behind for a day.

We have been super busy this week. Monday was pretty normal but from Tuesday on it has been kinda busy with stuff. Tuesday we got to usher for the Fireside so we had to be super early for that. We didn't do much but just stand there and direct people down to the seats towards the front. We had Richard G. Hinckley come talk to us, the prophet's son who is a member of the Seventy. He was really good. He was a great guy to have as our last devotional speaker. He really told us to be focused and be bold with the gospel and share it with everyone. It was pretty good.

Then on Wednesday we had hosting again but this time it was raining. It has rained like the whole week just at least part of each day. So we had umbrellas(kasa) to have for the families as they got out of the car so they wouldn't get too wet. I helped one guy who was going to Roseburry, CA or something up by Sacramento and then the other one was going to the Netherlands and he was super excited to be here on his mission. He even gave me a hug when we dropped him off to his class. It was funny.

Yesterday, on Thursday, me and my companion had a very interesting day. As we were going down the stairs he rolled his ankle at the bottom. So I gave him an ace bandage to wrap it cause we had gym next and he didn't want to spend the whole time doing rehab on it for our last gym here at the MTC. So, after gym we went to the trainer to get some ice for it cause I knew it was going to swell. As we did, we explained it was our last gym and couldn't come back for a check up. So the trainer sent us to the health clinic, they looked at his ankle and said he need to go see a doctor and get x-rays just to make sure before he left. So in our sweaty gym clothes we got a shuttle from the MTC down the street to BYU urgent care center and got some x-rays. Then went back and I sat there in the lobby for about 3 hours at the MTC health center while they looked at his ankle and the results of the x-rays. And since I didn't have any of my stuff I was just sitting there in silence and felt so unproductive. I couldn't study or read Book of Mormon or anything. Finally they get done and give him some crutches to walk with and ankle brace much like the one I had for volleyball. So he has been wearing that since yesterday. Then we get ready and eat lunch and finally head to class like an hour late or so. But 15 minutes later I had to go get my shot before I leave. After that we had a meeting with Bro Mills who is the Mission Director of  all the International MTC. He went to Japan and so he speaks to all the missionaries going to Japan every time and really gets us pumped for going. Then we had have language study, dinner and class. Then about 30 minutes into class we get called to the International office and found out that our plans got changed to a day later and finally the day was over.

Then today we have an in-field orientation all day, tomorrow is our P-day, Sunday we have church, and Monday is a normal day of class again and then Tuesday we are leaving!!!  It has been a very long week but we've been very busy which has made it go by super super fast. I can't wait for Japan!  I will call Mom, Carissa, Brianne, and Dad on Tuesday during travel, I just need all your cell phone numbers by Monday at the latest so I can call everyone personally.  Remember that I LOVE YOU, GOD LOVES YOU!! And I know this church is true. If you aren't sure, I ask you to pray about it to God and ask him to know that it is true. 
Elder McKinney

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Man... I just wrote a long message but it got deleted -_- anyway lol I'm really sorry I havent been able to send you my letter! but for sure once your in Japan I'll send you my letters! I hope your doing alright and learning a lot haha

School: we have about 2 1/2 weeks of school left and then graduation!!! GRDA NIGHT LOL and I've decided to stay in Irvine and attend IVC so I'm just gonna try to get my GED's done and then transfer to either UCI or UCSB to go into Mechanical Engineering :] haha I have a new grilfriend btw!!! Her names Katrina haha she ging to UCSB, and were gonna try to stay together throughout college if at all possible, I really like her a lot lol xD

Volleyball: We ended up 4th in league (3-7) I think. We couldnt manage to beat Beckman or Irvine this year. Irvine was actually pretty good this year, but in our first game against them, I had 26 digs LOL, I was literally all over the court. I remember I ran from the Libero Defense spot all the way over to the opposite's area to dig a ball and I amazingly got it up LOL like that was my best game ever! You shouldve seen it. :D but yeaaa still kinda sucks that we didnt make it into CIF --x

I'm gonna miss you a lot man! but 2 years isnt too long of a wait!! I'll be seeing you for sure in the future as soon as you come back too! I'll make sure to keep it touch with you! Be safe and have a great time in Japan, but remember to focus on your mission! I hope everything goes well for ya! Love ya bro! Ill talk to you soon!

P.S. I'm not exactly sure how often you'll be able to check up on this but yeaa sorry I'll make sure to send you letters! I just have to find out your address haha! See ya!!!! :D

Post a Comment